Vienna School Number 3
Vienna School Number 3 was located in a building on the south side of Niles-Vienna Road, between Scoville-North and Smith-Stewart roads. The school was first called the Munson School, after the Calvin Munson family but was, many years later, dubbed the Carey School, after the Carey family who had moved nearby.
Local resident Donald Crew remembers that the building burned in the 1920s.
Teachers and Administrators
In 1843 Dr. Ransom Johnson was the school's treasurer. In 1898 Mr. H. Church was hired to teach in this sub-district school at the salary of 25 dollars per month.