Vienna School Number 5
Vienna School Number 5, called the Vinton School, was erected on the south boundary of the John Vinton farm, about one-and-a-half miles north of Payne's Corners on the west side of Warner Road.
The Vinton School served a joint sub-district school containing students from Vienna and Brookfield townships. Such a cooperative agreement between neighboring townships allowed students at a distance from their own township schools to attend schools closer to their homes. Inclement weather and the dependence on travel by foot necessitated these agreements.
Once one-room school usage was abandoned, Charles Moore had the Vinton School building moved about one-half miles to his property (the former Guy Amy farm) on Amy Boyle Road. Moore used the building as a garage for many years until it was razed.
Teachers and Administrators
Aaron Vinton was appointed director of the school in 1899. Lester Mervin served as sub-director in that same year.
In 1909 Charles Moore was appointed director after James McCartney's resignation.
Isabell Dailey was appointed teach for the school year 1909-1910.