Vienna School Number 9
Vienna School Number 9, or the Chadwick School, stood at Chadwick Corners, the intersection of Ridge and King-Groves (now King-Graves) roads. This school was a joint sub-district, serving students from Vienna, Fowler, and Howland Townships.
This school stood on the farm of Frank Dray but, like the intersection, took its name from the Chadwick family who lived nearby. The schoolhouse was built on skids so that it might be moved at a later time. Della Agnes Alderman penned in her journal on March 31, 1893, that men had moved the building on that day.
Teachers and Administrators
Grace Munson served as teacher at the Chadwick School in 1909. Erastus Squire Alderman was one of the directors of the school.
 Della Agnes Alderman (born August 14, 1878) was the daughter of Erastus Squire Alderman (October 9, 1848-March 9, 1928), one of the directors of the school.