Medley's Restaurant was opened in 1920 in the Medley family home east of Vienna Center on the northside of Warren-Sharon Road.
Thad M. Medley (Find a Grave memorial) retired from farming to open the restaurant. He, his wife Flora Pauline Bartholomew (Find a Grave memorial), and their children lived on the second floor above the restaurant. Medley eventually turned the business over to his son Francis, who ran the business for fifteen years. The restaurant was sold to partners James Walls and Alfred Smith, who then changed the business to a nightclub called Trail's End. After Trail's End the business was called Hitchin' Post, Shevies, then Vienna Ale House.
 Thad M. Medley was born in Trumbull County on November 12, 1876, and died on September 4, 1950, in Youngstown, Ohio. He married Flora Pauline Bartholomew on June 26, 1901.
Photo donated by Dave Cover.