Vienna School Number 8
Vienna School Number 8, known also as the Rogers School, was held in a building north of Vienna Center on the east side of Youngstown-Kingsville Road. Mary Rogers owned the property in 1874 when this building served as school--hence, its name.
The schoolhouse was painted in 1886 at the cost of 35 dollars. The building still stands (2023) as a dwelling located at the entrance of the Fish and Game Club of Vienna.
Teachers and Administrators
Miss Mabel McCorkle was hired as schoolteacher in 1897. Miss Clara Bradford was hired in 1899 at the salary of $27.50 per month. L. D. Scott served as the school's director in 1909.